Yesterday's #Science140 topic was Science Mnemonics and we received lots of brilliant memory triggers. Since many students are in the middle of exams at the moment, here are a few that might help!
- C Irregular Laurie @choiceIrregular - @science140 Silly Old Harry Chased A Horse Through Our Attic #science140 #sin #cos #tan
- Dulach Glynn @DulachG - Oh Hell, another hour, of algebra (Sin(θ) = Opposite/Hypotenuse; Cos(θ) = Adjacent/Hypotenuse; Tan(θ) = Opposite/Adjacent) #science140
- Orla Wilson @orla_wilson - @science140 How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics. #letters in each word=pi 3.1415..
- Paul Lavin @plavin1922 - @science140 Stages of mitosis: Party Monday, Again Tuesday
- Stephen J Henstridge @HenstridgeSJ - #science140 "King Philip came over for grouse shooting" (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, etc.)
- Paul Lavin @plavin1922 - @science140 LORD. Left is Oxygenated Right is Deoxygenated. What side of the heart has what type of blood
- Stephen Uitti @suitti - My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nachos. The eight planets. Used to be Nine Pizzas. I like pizza better. #science140
- Peter Board @PBCSciTutor - #science140 those scientists who declassified Pluto have a lot to answer for! "My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming" - what?
- Julian Onions @julianonions - @science140 I Eat Green Caterpillars - moons of Jupiter Io Europa Ganymede Callisto
- Stephen Uitti @suitti - Oh, Be A Fine Girl (Guy), Kiss Me. Star spectral classes from big & hot to small and cool. The Sun is class G. #science140
- Julian Onions @julianonions - @science140 OBAFGKM - Only Bad Astronomers Forget Generally Known Mnemonics
Colours of the Rainbow
- Dermot Moriarty @dermotmoriarty - #science140. Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain aka red, orange, yellow green, blue, indigo and violet; the colours of the spectrum
- Science Geeks @SciGeeks - #science140 Alternative to Richard of York for Colours of the spectrum: Right Over Your Green Blouse I Vomit. I apologise in advance...